- Position: Public Affairs Consultant
- Type: New Role; Full-Time; Permanent
- Location: Belfast (currently hybrid working model of office and home)
- Salary: Up to £27k & excellent benefits package
Following a period of continued growth, Open Strategic Communications (Open) is creating a new role for an ambitious Public Affairs professional to join the team. You’ll be working for a wide range of clients, utilising your expertise of the local political landscape, and our structures of government to provide strategic advice and support.
You will be working on policy development for a wide range of sectors and support a team of highly experienced PA and PR professionals based in our Belfast offices. In addition to monitoring and engagement, you’ll also support the team and client base with report writing and the development of position papers.
As an agency we work across a broad range of sectors and clients providing PR, Public Affairs, Digital Communications and Crisis Management support so flexibility is key, alongside a strong teamwork ethos.
Open was established as an independent agency in 2020 following a management buyout of the Northern Ireland office of Weber Shandwick, one of the world’s leading communications agencies.
The business has over 25 years presence in Northern Ireland and Open is the local partner to the global network, retaining our world class links and skillsets. We work across sectors from energy to sport, aviation to housing, community to finance, education to professional services and environment. We work with sector leaders and support a range of high-profile businesses and organisations.
We are the only NI agency with a dedicated sustainability unit.
- Public Affairs campaigns
- Political engagement
- Departmental and NGO engagement
- Local Government engagement
- Policy development
- Report development
- Community and stakeholder engagement
- Coordination of schedules/events
- Client contact and support
- Market and client research
- Monitoring news and developments
- Public Affairs experience (minimum one year of relevant experience)
- An understanding of NI politics, government, and the media
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- An understanding of policy development and experience in monitoring
- IT proficiency across the MS Office suite
- A team player who can work independently when required
- Third level education or equivalent
What We Offer:
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- Generous pension arrangements
- A strong and supportive team
- Continuous Professional Development
- Generous leave allowances
- Flexible working arrangements
- We offer a career, not just a job!
Please email your CV and a cover letter to Ross Williamson, Managing Director of Open Strategic Communications email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 6th December.